Zowe has high availability feature built-in. This doc guides you through the configuration steps to enable this feature.
- Sysplex is required to make sure multiple Zowe instances can work together. Check Configuring Sysplex for high availability for more details.
- z/OSMF is an optional prerequisite of Zowe. If your Zowe instance works with z/OSMF, it's recommended to configure z/OSMF for high availability in Sysplex.
haInstancessection must be defined in the Zowe YAML configuration. Check Zowe YAML Configuration File Reference for more details.
- Zowe caching service is required to convert stateful component to stateless component. Check Configuring the Caching Service for HA for details.
- To allow Sysplex Distributor to route traffic to the Gateway, you can only start one Gateway in each LPAR within the Sysplex. All Gateways instances should be started on the same port configured on Sysplex Distributor.
- Zowe App Server should be accessed through the Gateway with a URL like
If you deploy Zowe into Kubernetes, all components can also achieve high availability if you enable more than one replicas for each component.