# Troubleshooting Zowe CLI
Zowe™ CLI is experiencing a problem. You need to collect information that will help you resolve the issue.
These instructions apply to Zowe CLI installed on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux systems as a standalone installation via a Zowe download or an NPM registry.
# Before reaching out for support
- Is there already a GitHub issue (open or closed) that covers the problem? Check CLI Issues (opens new window).
- Review the current list of Known issues in documentation. Also try searching using the Zowe Docs search bar.
# Resolving the problem
Collect the following information to help diagnose the issue:
- Zowe CLI version installed.
- List of plug-ins installed and their version numbers.
- Node.js and NPM versions installed.
- List of environment variables in use.
For instructions on how to collect the information, see Gathering information for Zowe CLI.
The following information is also useful to collect:
- If you are experiencing HTTP errors, see z/OSMF troubleshooting for information to collect.
- Is the CLI part of another Node application, such as VSCode, or is it a general installation?
- Which operating system version are you running on?
- What shell/terminal are you using (bash, cmd, powershell, etc...)?
- Which queue managers are you trying to administer, and on what systems are they located?
- Are the relevant API endpoints online and valid?